Archive for June, 2011

MS Office COM/OLE objects to Open Office

Thursday, June 30th, 2011

I have some applications written to use MS office COM. Specifically Excel. Everything was working nice and dandy until today. Because some time ago I decided to permanently move to open office and hence uninstalled MS Office. And today I had to use an application that was using the ms office OLE objects.

A little search found the solution. Transparent and without needing to rewrite/re-compile your applications:


Just install and you’re ready to OLE.

Related posts

I think I crashed pixton…

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011

I was working on my second comic (ahead of time, to be on the safe side) and I went for a 3 panels directly (instead of the 1+any as in the first case) and after I finished the first panel I just clicked on the second one directly, without saving or anything. Aaaaand everything went dead. I mean the entire server is dead. It’s not just me, also reports it down (well, actually, it doesn’t report it up. It just freezes there as well).

But, I like to think of it as a mere coincidence. No way I did this…

Related posts

My first online comic

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011

It’s not really a comic per se, as in it’s not really funny. Ok, so it’s not funny at all, but still, it might bring some smiles to one or two people. Maybe one. Think positive.

As I’m using a 3rd party online software to “create” it. It is supposed to be a weekly comic, so hopefully, I won’t forget to update it weekly.

Related posts